The Sacred War (Священная война - Svyaschennaya voina) is an inspirational song famously performed by the Alexander Vasilyevich Alexandrov. Red Army Choir that motivated millions of Soviet soldiers to surge forward in the titanic struggle against the German Wehrmacht and satellite armies during the Great Patriotic War (1941-1945).
This clip is taken from the 1985 Soviet movie “Битва за Москву” (Bitva za Moskvu,).
Вернулась медная пластинка, прикрепленная в качестве посылки инопланетным цивилизациям, к спутнику Вояджер.
+ 20 C - The Greeks put on sweaters
+ 15 C - Hawaiians turn on the heaters (bonfires)
+ 10 C - Americans shaking. Russian cucumbers planted in gardens.
+5 C - you can see my breath. Italian cars do not start. Russian drive with lowered windows.
0 C - Water freezes in America. In Russia, the water thickens.
-5 C - French cars do not start.
-10 ° C - Cat insists to sleep in your bed. The Norwegians put on sweaters.
-17.9 C - New York landlords turn on the heaters. Russian last of the season go on a picnic.
- 20 C - American cars do not start.
-25 - German cars do not start. Hawaiians have died.
- 30 C - Politicians begin to talk about the homeless.
- 35 C - too cold to think. Japanese cars do not start.
- 40 C - Swedish cars do not start. In Europe, transport is not functioning. Russian eating ice cream on the street.
- 45 C - The Greeks became extinct. Politicians actually do something for the homeless. In Alaska, close the window in the bathroom.
- 50 C - Finnish special forces evacuate Santa Claus from Lapland. Russian fur cap worn.
-114 C - Ethyl alcohol freezes. In Russian a bad mood.
-273 C - Absolute zero. Atomic motion stops. Russian curse: “It’s cold, b****!”
-295 C - The Russian national football team became world champion.